- Geoscience Australia 2012, The Law of the Sea, Geoscience Australia, Canberra, www.ga.gov.au/scientific-topics/marine/jurisdiction/law-of-the-sea.
- Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences 2014, Australian fisheries statistics 2013, ABARES, Canberra.
- Australian Government Attorney-General's Department 1980, Offshore Constitutional Settlement, a milestone in co-operative federalism, Attorney-General's Department, Australian Government Publishing Service, Canberra.
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture 2014a, The Australian Fishing Zone, Department of Agriculture, Canberra, www.agriculture.gov.au/fisheries/domestic/zone.
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture 2014b, Managing Australian fisheries, Department of Agriculture, Canberra, www.agriculture.gov.au/fisheries/domestic/managing-australian-fisheries.
- Fletcher, WJ & Santoro, K (eds) 2011, State of the fisheries and aquatic resources report 2010/11, Western Australian Department of Fisheries, Perth.
- Georgeson, L, Stobutzki, I & Curtotti, R (eds) 2014, Fishery status reports 2013–14, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences, Canberra.
- Northern Territory Department of Resources 2011, Fishery status reports 2010, Fishery report 106, Northern Territory Government, Darwin.
- Primary Industries and Resources South Australia 2007, South Australian fisheries resources: current status and recent trends 2006, PIRSA paper 49, PIRSA, Adelaide.
- Queensland Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation 2011, Stock status of Queensland's fisheries resources 2011, Queensland DEEDI, Brisbane.
- Rowling, K, Hegarty, A & Ives, M (eds) 2010, Status of fisheries resources in NSW 2008/09, Industry & Investment NSW, Cronulla.
- Victorian Department of Primary Industries 2008, Fishery status report 2008, Fisheries management report series 63, Victorian DPI, Melbourne.
- Fletcher, WJ, Chesson, J, Fisher, M, Sainsbury, KJ, Hundloe, T, Smith, ADM & Whitworth, B 2002, National ESD reporting framework for Australian fisheries: the 'How to' guide for wild capture fisheries, FRDC project 2000/145, Canberra.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 1995, FAO code of conduct for responsible fisheries, FAO, Rome, www.fao.org/docrep/005/v9878e/v9878e00.HTM#76.
- Australian Government Department of the Environment and Water Resources 2007, Guidelines for the ecologically sustainable management of fisheries, 2nd edn, DEWR, Canberra.
- Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry 2007, Commonwealth Fisheries Harvest Strategy: policy and guidelines, DAFF, Canberra.
- Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities 2012, Fisheries and the environment, DSEWPaC, Canberra, www.environment.gov.au/coasts/fisheries/index.html#fisheries.
- Lenanton, RC, Caputi, N, Kangas, MI & Craine, M 2009, The ongoing influence of the Leeuwin Current on economically important fish and invertebrates off temperate Western Australia—has it changed? Journal of the Royal Society of Western Australia, 92: 111–127.
- Vance, DJ, Bishop, J, Dichmont, CM, Hall, N, McInnes, K & Taylore, BR 2003, Management of common banana prawn stocks of the Gulf of Carpentaria: separating the effects of fishing from those of the environment, AFMA project 98/0716, CSIRO.
Specific reports looking at different groupings
JurisdictionReports for each state or territory jurisdiction.
MolluscsMolluscs are invertebrate animals that includes the clams, calamari, squid, octopi and snails.
CrustaceansCrustaceans are a group of animals that include crabs, shrimps, prawns, lobsters and crayfish.
SharksSharks are a subgroup of cartilaginous fishes; usually large, fast swimming, fish-shaped predators.
FinfishFinfish are a vertebrate animals that have gills and live in water.